Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Something (Navy) Blue

My something blue is my bridesmaids. No, they're not smurfs, but they'll be donned a lovely shade of navy.

We just ordered their dresses this week, and it was an absolute breeze! As much as I secretly wanted to torture them with a long day in a dress shop with lots of shiny, puffy, and all-around-horrific frocks, we found this chic, adorable, and affordable online site.

One of my bridesmaids was smart and shoved a dress option in my face right off the bat, a cute one that she and the others would actually want to wear. I loved it! It's classy, fun, preppy, and unique---all vibes I am going for in our wedding. The only problem was that it is part of Alfred Sung's collection that had not yet hit stores.

Most of the bridal blogs I read are mainly to salivate over something I can never have, mainly weddings and vendors that blow my budget by a factor of four. But, last week I was taking my lunch break and scanning through my feeds, and I found a great write-up on this website offering an adorably curated collection of dresses, and even discounts for bridesmaids who ordered in a pack! I had been stressfully wondering when exactly the Alfred Sung styles we loved so much would be actually available in stores, so I clicked through to see what Joielle had to offer. Lo and behold, the fun cocktail-length, cap-sleeve dress was on their first page of bridesmaid attire! It was meant to be.



The site even had a ship date, which was the first concrete information I had found anywhere on when these dresses would be available. So I e-mailed Joielle to figure out if this ship date would get the frocks to the girls in time for alterations before the wedding, and was honestly expecting some automated response. Instead I got a personalized message minutes later, and was able to send Tammy at Joielle questions back and forth throughout that week as I was mobilizing my girls to order their dresses and get them their 10 percent discounts.

I also ordered a small square swatch of the fabric in the mail, confirming the fabric and midnight color were just as lovely as I had hoped.

I felt like I had top-notch customer service and the feel of an intimate, upscale boutique with the convenience of e-commerce. Plus savings! My bargain-bred self is loving this. And I'm also trying to figure out which bridesmaid I can borrow this dress from in the future, because I love it that much.

Check out Joielle's blog for shots of real weddings with dresses ordered from them. The site carries other great bridal party designers, like Dessy, Lela Rose, Landa Designs, and Cynthia Rowley.

No comments:

Post a Comment